Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tool #10

1. Some one my favorite educational apps were 123 Counting, Shape Builder and Glow Coloring.
  • 123 Counting would be a perfect math game for PreK because they don't have to necessarily know all their numbers to play the game. They can tap on the picture and the number is read out loud and written automatically.
  • Shape Builder has easy to move shapes that snap into place on top of silhouette puzzles. This encourages cognitive thinking and fine motor skills.
  • Glow Coloring could be used as a fun way the kids learn how to spell their name.
2. I spend plenty of time playing with my iPhone. I don't like having a billion apps on it though so I usually try out apps which have high ratings. I do, however, download plenty of apps to try out on my boyfriends phone! I know I can easily delete the apps I do not like from my phone, but I still don't like doing it.

3. Since I work with four year olds, they would have to use an iTouch with an adult until they get the hang of it. It would be a fun way for them to learn new things. If adults find these devices interesting, I can only imagine how eager the kids would be to use one!

No comments:

Post a Comment